VMware vSphere 4.1 on July 13 !
Как стало известно новая верся vSphere ожидается 13 Июля. VMware подтвердил cписок функций и нововведений которые будут доступны в следующем релизе vSphere,
Ниже список может быть неполным:
- Storage I/O can be shaped by I/O shares and limits through the new Storage I/O Control quality of service (QoS) feature
- Network I/O can be partitioned through a new QoS engine that distinguish between virtual machines, vMotion, Fault Tolerance (FT) and IP storage traffic.
- Memory compression will allow to compress RAM pages instead of swapping on disk, improving virtual machines performance.
- Distribute Resource Scheduling (DRS) now can follow affinity rules defining a subset of hosts where a virtual machine can be placed
- Virtual sockets can now have multiple virtual CPUs. Each virtual CPU will appear as a single core in the guest operating system.
- A team physical network interface cards in a vNetwork Distributed Switch can now dynamically load balance traffic.
- Health check status and operational dashboard are available for HA configurations.
- vSphere Client is no more part of the ESX and ESXi installation packages. At the end of the installation process administrators are redirected online to download the client.
- ESXi installation can be scripted. The script can start from a CD or over a PXE boot source, and can install the hypervisor on local or remote disks.
- ESX can boot from iSCSI targets (support for iBFT)
- NFS performance stats are included in esxtop and vCenter Server, as well as through the vSphere SDK.
- Virtual machines serial ports redirection over the network
- Support for up to 4 vMotion concurrent live migrations in 1GbE networks and up to 8 concurrent live migrations in 10GbE networks
- Support for USB pass-through (virtual machines can use ESX/ESXi local USB devices)
- Support for administrator password change in Host Profiles
- Support for FT in DRS clusters with with Enhanced vMotion Compatibility (EVC)
- Support for iSCSI TCP/IP Offload Engine (TOE) network interface cards (both 10GB an 1GB)
- Support for 8GB Fibre Chanell HBAs
- Support for IPsec on IPv6 network configurations
- Support for multiple Data Recovery virtual appliances
- Support for Microsoft Volume Shadow Service (VSS) in Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 guest operating systems for vStorage APIs for Data Protection (VADP)
- Update Manager (VUM) can now patch additional 3rd party modules for ESX (like EMC PowerPath)
- Virtual to Virtual (V2) migration for offline Hyper-V virtual machines in vCenter Converter
- ESX and ESXi direct support for Microsoft Active Directory through Likewise technology integration
- Support for Intel Xeon 7500 / 5600 / 3600 CPU series (this includes EVC support)
- Support for AMD Opteron 4000 / 6000 CPU series (this includes EVC support)
Сonfiguration limits vSphere 4.1:
- 3,000 virtual machines per cluster (compared to 1,280 in vSphere 4.0)
- 1,000 hosts per vCenter Server (compared to 300)
- 15,000 registered VMs per vCenter Server (compared to 4,500)
- 10,000 concurrently powered-on VMs per vCenter Server (compared to 3,000)
- 120 concurrent Virtual Infrastructure Clients per vCenter Server (compared to 30)
- 500 hosts per virtual Datacenter object (compared to 100)
- 5,000 virtual machines per virtual Datacenter object (compared to 2,500)
И многое другое…..